10 Ways to Teach Your Man How to Love You Just Right
There’s a very helpful article you may enjoy, from Essence magazine, which highlights 10 Ways to Teach Your Man how to Love You just right. I added my extra guidelines to further detail the specifics, based on my coaching practice:
- Know your Love Languages, both how you & your beloved each prefer to show & receive L-O-V-E.
- Giving feedback is essential, in the right timing & tone of voice!
- Give what you hope to receive. Many men have never had the attentiveness you seek.
- Speak your mind, but again, with the right tone of voice & timing.
- Allow him time to adjust to your ways. Introduce your version of “planet love”gradually so he can both savor & recognize its importance to you.
- Open up. While it’s scary for any of us to open our feelings, especially if we’re afraid of someone rejecting us, men have been given messages from birth about keeping a lid on their feelings. When he *gradually* experiences your depth of feeling, he will likely feel safe to reciprocate. And when he does, your support can literally level up your Love Life.
- Love Like you’ve never been hurt, but(!) remember to take it one-step-at-a-time. He should NOT be punished for what your past perpetrators did to you.
- Get Serious! Well, this is a delicate balance. Men love a woman who has a joie-de-vivre, BUT, he respects a woman who can take care of her business.
- Make every encounter with your beloved special or at least productive. Keep him wanting more of your flavors of Love. Most of us work a lot, so when we have free time, we want to feel like we’ve had a break from work.
- Invoke the Goddess! When you’re man errs, be direct & let him know…but with Love. Raising your voice happens, but it should be a rare occurrence if in anger. If you’re getting angry too often, step back and let you both contemplate what’s been transpiring.